Light and Shade Challenge Monday 7 July 2014

Monday morning is looming (or has loomed depending on when you read this) so it's time to start the week with a couple of new prompts. As usual one is a picture and one is a quotation.

Have a look and see what they inspire you to tell and then go for it - in 500 words or less!  

Use one or both and you don't need to refer to them directly in your writing, just follow that spark of inspiration for fact, fiction or poetry.  You have until next Sunday at noon GMT so go for it.  Have fun, write some stuff and then use the link underneath to let people see it.  


Here is the picture prompt.  Please credit it if you use it on your own blog.

Images courtesy of freeimages.co.uk


Here is the quote





If you wish me to weep, 
you must mourn first yourself.



Horace (65 BC - 8 BC)



It is really encouraging to have comments on your work and it can give people a real lift.  Sometimes it is nice to just let someone know that their writing hit the spot.  Sometimes you can give a little help with a suggestion or hint.  Please comment on the other writers as much as you feel able.  The rule with that is the quote from WB Yeats, 'I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.'  These posts are someone's dreams.

Comments

  1. Ha! Oops! I just realized that I inexplicably changed the setting of my story halfway though. I fixed it. (ifeellikeaheel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No stress here and your story was very interesting! Lyssa M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't count my words. It's just under 500. Honest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Challenge Wednesday 27 June 2017

Challenge - 28th April 2014

Challenge - Monday 5th May 2014